There are lots of techniques you could be using to improve your brushing skills necessary to keep your mouth clean. Not only can they enhance the way you brush your teeth, but you can even improve the way you care for your brush. The more sanitized your brush is, the less likely it is to contaminate your mouth further when you are trying to clean it. Additional tips for brushing your teeth are as follows:
– When choosing a toothbrush and toothpaste, look for products that feature the American Dental Association’s Seal of Acceptance.
– Toothbrushes fail easily, so be sure to replace yours every 3-4 months or sooner if required.
– The storage of a toothbrush should always be done with attention to detail. Toothbrushes that are not stored properly can become contaminated easily, so be sure to never store toothbrushes together or in closed containers for extended periods of time.
– Use a toothbrush that meets your oral health care needs. If manual brushing is labored or difficult, try switching to an electric toothbrush instead.
– Try to make sure your toothbrush head has soft bristles and can easily reach all sides of all of your teeth for a full clean.
If you are showing signs of poor dental health, come visit Drs. Toenjes, Brizzee and Orme for treatment today. With the helpful support of Dr. John Toenjes and our wonderful team at our dentist office in St. Anthony, Idaho, we can repair your smile. To schedule an appointment, call us at 208-624-3757. All smiles deserve a little extra care and attention, and we give it to them!